In a viral Facebook post, political commentator and author Robert Reich—a professor of public policy at UC–Berkeley, who served in the administrations of Presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Bill Clinton—has assembled a significant collection of Trump’s many lies to his supporters, from “draining the swamp” to the glories of TrumpCare.
Here are a few nuggets:
1. He said he wouldn’t bomb Syria. You bought it. Then he bombed Syria.
2. He said he’d build a wall along the border with Mexico. You bought it. Now his secretary of homeland security says, “It’s unlikely that we will build a wall.”
3. He said he’d clean the Washington swamp. You bought it. Then he brought into his administration more billionaires, CEOs, and Wall Street moguls than in any administration in history, to make laws that will enrich their businesses.
4. He said he’d repeal Obamacare and replace it with something “wonderful.” You bought it. Then he didn’t.
5. He said he’d use his business experience to whip the White House into shape. You bought it. Then he created the most chaotic, dysfunctional, back-stabbing White House in modern history, in which no one is in charge.
6. He said he’d release his tax returns, eventually. You bought it. He hasn’t, and says he never will.
7. He said he’d divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest. You bought it. He remains heavily involved in his businesses, makes money off of foreign dignitaries staying at his Washington hotel, gets China to give the Trump brand trademark and copyright rights, manipulates the stock market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.
And that’s just the first half of his post. Read the rest here:
What do you think? Are these criticisms appropriate?
*Please let us know in the comments section below!*